Montag, 22. April 2013

Mappers Blog: Bad Day in the forest


fig.1. Well actually even mappers have bad days sometimes. Left: My usual mapping. Right: My bad day mapping. :-P

Today I continued mapping my part of the Uaul Grond (Uaul la crusch)after a weeks break (in sunny Tessin). But I turned out to be a bad day today.  

Bad Day
  1. 15cm new soaking wet snow->wet shoes->cold feets for hours
  2. Thought, I stored the refill leads in Flims ->wrong-> bought and tried out another pen-> not permanent -> ran out of my main colors -> had to switch the color scheme
  3. Also bought a new eraser -> worked fine -> but destroyed the films surface -> area not rewritable anymore
  4. The old map is not very good in this area (missing HUGE rocks 30x10x15m)
  5. The laser also helped less than usual ->step slopes -> additionally Swisstopos "automatic building removal"-algorithm -> removing half of these contless huge rock-hills from my base map
  6. Areas with fallen trees from the summer 2011 storm
  7. 0.095km2 in 7h40
Tomorrow will be a better day.

Keine Kommentare:

The KanPas Focus 200

So here is the KanPas Focus 200. Actually the compass making orienteering easy. Maybe even too easy? - Sorry for that. fig.1. What a beauty ...